Monday, April 11, 2011

A-England nail polish: Elaine and King Arthur

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a relatively new nail varnish line called a-england.  Created by former fashion designer Adina Bodana, this line celebrates the gothic romance of the legend of Camelot.  Smitten with the pictures I saw on other blogs, I placed an order. 

First up is Elaine, an AMAZINGLY beautiful purple cream.  I have quite a few purple creams in my collection, all of which lean more toward black, especially indoors.  Elaine is the only one that I have that looks purple in every light!!  
CIMG4541
This polish applied like a dream; it’s somewhat thin but not runny or streaky.  For such a dark color, it was remarkably easy to work with.  This was two coats.

Next is King Arthur, a smoky charcoal with multicolor sparkles.  I’ve been looking for *the* perfect dark grey polish for ages now, and I think this one is IT. 
CIMG4543
(outdoors)
CIMG4546
(indoors)
Just like Elaine, application of this one was a snap.  Both colors wore well; I easily got 4 or 5 days out of them before minor tip wear started to show. 
I also picked up Lady of the Lake, which seems to be one of the more popular polishes from the collection.  It’s a unique purple holo, which I’ll post pictures of later this week.  I am in LOVE with these polishes, and I will be going back for a second order soon!  Customer service is amazing, and shipping from the UK is reasonable and FAST!!
The line is 3 free and not tested on animals.
Check them out at www.a-england.co.uk .  For another week or so, you can ‘like’ them on Facebook and receive a code for 20% off your purchase.  They are DEFINITELY worth taking a peek at.  

No comments:

Post a Comment